In modern, high-comfort living scenarios, it is sometimes necessary to brighten up one’s environment, whether outdoors or the interior of one’s house. Fortunately, there are many types of single color strip rope lights that one can be used to enhance the festive atmosphere in both your home and backyard spaces. LED strip rope lights can be quickly installed around a pool, patio, BBQ, or even along the stairs in your house. In most conditions, it is necessary to select the waterproof version of single color strip rope lights. However, most strip rope light brands are inherently able to withstand snow, rain, and strong winds without immediately malfunctioning. In this article, we shall focus on how single color strip rope lights work.
How single color strip rope lights work
As far as lighting systems go, LED strip lights are new to the market, offering incredibly versatile lighting installations. With a few variations, here are the main characteristics of LED single color strip rope lights:
- The rope lights contain numerous LED emitters that are fitted on slim but flexible circuit boards.
- You can easily acquire single color strip rope lightsin a wide range of colors.
- The conventional shipping is done in long reels, each roughly 5 meters long.
- You can easily cut each strip to length and use double-sided adhesive for mounting. Thus, to obtain the desired size, cut along the designated cutlines, located every 1-2 inches along with the strip rope light.
- Each individual LED’s quality and light color in the single color strip rope lightdetermine the overall color emitted and the strip’s quality.
- Each LED strip comes equipped with a pre-applied adhesive. All you have to do is carefully peel off the liner and mount the strip rope light on any available surface.
- The flexibility of the circuit boards in single color strip rope lights ensures that they can be mounted on uneven and even curved surfaces.
Understanding the difference between rope lights and single color strip rope lights
As far as rope lighting options go, they have been around for a long time, with new variations showing up on the market regularly. In many cases, rope lights are long cylindrical tubes containing efficient internal light sources situated every few inches. This spacing can also give the illusion of twinkling or glowing to the viewer. The rope tubes themselves are made of transparent materials such as epoxy or plastic. Rope lights usually contain LED bulbs that can be either 12/24vDC or 120/220vAC. Rope lights are cheap and have run lengths that can exceed 250 feet. In addition to this, rope lights offer 360-degree viewing angles.
On the other hand, LED strip lights (ribbon lights or LED tape) consist of highly flexible circuit boards that feature light-emitting diodes fitted along the surfaces. These single color strip rope lights have flat, low profile shapes that enable you to install them on any surface. Due to their flexibility, LED strip lights can be controlled using wall switches, DMX controllers, or even wireless dimming systems.
When shopping for LED strip lights, it is best to remember that the price is variable, but you always get the quality of single color strip rope light that you pay for. As far as brighter lighting systems, colors, angles, and custom lengths go, you can never go wrong with LED-based rope lighting.